Songs can be the most overwhelming thing especially when it is your favorite one. An even amazing thing happens when you become able to hear the music as your ringtone.
iPhone users often feel being on the low side as having a ringtone other than the default one does not seem that easy.
However, it is easier now, and in this article, we are going to show you two different processes of setting up a ringtone on your iPhone.
Setting A Ringtone In Your iPhone Using Garageband
You first need to download the app named GarageBand. It is a free app that you can download from AppStore.
- Locate the + icon that you should find on the top right corner of the app and it will start a new project.
- In the new screen, tap the mic icon and select Audio Recorder.
- Next, you should see an icon-like ribbon in the top left corner, tap the icon.
- This will open the app layout and in the top right corner, you can see + icon, tap it.
- From the drop-down, select Section A and change the Manual Area to 30.
- Close the menu and locate the loop icon that should be near the + icon.
- Select the Music tab and you can proceed with any category where your song is saved.
- Choose your song from the list and perform a drag and drop action to get the song to the app.
- This will upload the song in the app where you can edit the song as you want such as the start and stop time of the song. When you tap the song, you see more editing options that you can use accordingly.
- Once done, go to the top left corner and tap the inverted triangle icon and your file gets saved into the preferred folder.
- You can open the file by looking at the bottom of the app and choose “Recents.”
- Here you find your ringtone file. Long press the file and choose Ringtone, so the file will be saved in ringtone format that your phone can identify.
- A box will show up where you can rename your file or save it as it is and click Export. This will save the file on your phone that you can use as the ringtone. If prompted you should select the option Standard Ringtone and you are done.
- So, this was for converting your song into a recognizable file for your iPhone. Now, to set this file as the ringtone, you need to open Settings, go to General, Sounds, and Ringtone.
- The latest ringtone or the file you just downloaded appears here that you can select and it gets set as your new ringtone.
- To set it for a specific person, go to Contacts, and click the person’s name. hit the Edit option that should be in the upper-right corner and choose Ringtone.
Here from the list, you can select any tone and it will become the default tone for that contact. You can learn more on myxerfreeringtonesapp.net about using Garageband.
Getting A Ringtone Using Itunes
In this step, you need to take the song into the iTunes library. You can do it either by using your computer or Mac.
- If you already have the song on your computer, use iTunes there and upload the song in iTunes library by drag and drop.
- The next step is about converting this song in a suitable format that your phone can recognize as a ringtone. You also need to trim the song and make it up to 30 or 40 seconds.
- Once you have uploaded the song into the iTunes library, right-click the file and go to the song’s information.
- A window will appear on the screen where you need to go to the Options tab and you should see two boxes there as “Start” and “Stop.” This is the time of the song in which you want to start the song and end it. Save your settings, and after this, the song will be trimmed as per the inputs are given.
- Once the song is trimmed, you need to create its AAC version that is necessary for making it compatible with the iPhone.
- Select the file and right-click where you can see Convert in the drop-down menu, and click Create AAC Version. Click these options and see the file getting into action.
- You have got the AAC file, find the file using the Windows Explorer and just rename the file’s extension as M4R. When prompted hit Enter or OK.
Now, you are done having a ringtone that is suitable for your iPhone. In the next step, you need to transfer this file to your iPhone and proceed further.
Setting The Ringtone On Your iPhone
- Get your iPhone and the USB cable that comes along. Attach your iPhone to your computer using this cable and it would show in iTunes.
- In the iTunes interface, you would see an iPhone like icon on the top left corner. Click this icon and there you see the list of all the options.
- There you find “Tones” where you would add the newly created tune. You can drag and drop the file in the Tunes section that is the .m4r version of the tune.
- Go to the bottom-right side of the iTunes window and click Sync. This would take a few seconds and the tune would now be stored on your iPhone. You can disconnect the cable from the computer and access the Setting of your iPhone to set it as your ringtone for all or for a specific contact.
To set the tune for a specific person, you just need to access the contact and in the Edit field, scroll down until you see Ringtone section. From the list, choose the newly created tune and you are done.
While ending the write-up here, we hope you would find it helpful to set any music festive song as your ringtone. Keep updating your iPhone with new songs whenever you want using the same technique.